Citizens Advice Woking offers free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information. We have our main office situated in the middle of Woking town centre, with an extensive outreach service with sessions across the Borough, along with our telephone advice and email advice services and our live web chat service.
We are a progressive and dynamic advice service centre, operating from a number of locations. We employ 11 staff supported by approximately 100 volunteers. Our approach is client centred and focused on a commitment to quality and diversity.
Aims & Principles of Citizens Advice
The Citizens Advice service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Our service aims:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives
The Trustee Board
All Citizens Advice Bureaux are independent charities, governed by their own board of trustees, who are ultimately responsible for the quality and range of the service. Day-to-day control is delegated to the bureau manager but our Trustees
- Set the overall direction and support the development of the bureau
- Ensure the bureau meets the needs of the local community and the Citizens Advice membership standards
- Employ Citizens Advice staff and control the bureau finances
- Earn and retain the respect of important and influential people and organisations in the community, including funding bodies
- Ensure the bureau complies with relevant laws.